192.168.1.254 is a private IP address used by many routers as the default gateway address. It is one of the 254 private IP addresses used to access the Admin Panel of routers. Private IP Addresses are meant for security so that no one can access your network and there are no conflicts.
192.168.1.254 is assigned by the router manufacturer to access the Router Administration Panel and make certain changes to it. It is the default gateway address of companies like 2Wire, 3Com, etc. If it doesn't work try the address 192.168.1.1
How to access 192.168.1.254?
To access the Administration Panel of your Router through 192.168.1.254, follow these steps. Make sure your device is connected to the router's network. The first thing we have to do is find the IP of our router.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the URL bar, type http://192.168.1.254 or 192.168.l.254.
- A login page will appear. Enter the default username and password.
- You will now connect to the Administration Panel and configure the router settings.
Change my password 192.168.1.254
The steps to know how to change my password 192.168.1.254 are the following:
- First of all, open the web browser and type the IP address of the router in the address bar. The IP address of the router is usually 192.168.1.254
- A login screen will then appear. Enter the username and password of the router. If you haven't changed the router's password, the username will be admin and the password will be admin.
- Once you've logged in, find the password settings section. On some routers, this section is located in the router's configuration tab. In others, you can find it in the security tab.
- Change the router password to one that is easy to remember but hard to guess. Make sure you use a password that contains a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Save the changes and close the window.
Change Wi-Fi name
To change the name of your WiFi network from the IP address 192.168.1.254, you can do the following. Keep in mind that the process may vary slightly depending on the model and manufacturer of your router:
To change your WiFi network name from IP address 192.168.1.254, you can follow these steps. Please note that the process may vary slightly depending on the model and manufacturer of your router:
- Open your web browser: You can use any browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Access the address of your router: In the URL bar, type http://192.168.1.254 and press Enter.
- Log in to your router: It will ask you for a username and password. If you haven't changed them, they should be the manufacturer's default. Often these are 'admin' and 'admin', 'admin' and '1234', or something similar. If you're not sure, you can search online for the default username and password for your specific model of router.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network settings: Once you are logged in, look for the menu or section for WiFi network settings. This is often found under "Wireless Settings," "WiFi Settings," or something similar.
- Change your network name: Here you should see an option to change the name of your network, often labeled “Network Name”, “SSID”, or something similar. Enter the new name you want for your network in this field.
- Save the changes: Be sure to save any changes you make. There may be a button that says "Save," "Apply," "Save Changes," or something similar.
- restart your router: Some routers require you to reboot for the changes to take effect. You can do this by unplugging the router from power for a few seconds, then plugging it back in.
Once you have changed the name of your network, all the devices that were connected to it will be disconnected and will have to reconnect using the new name.
Access Data for IP 192.168.1.254
|Other Access Points||User||Password|
The correct way to access your gateway or FTP is the one we show you at the top of our page. Be careful not to get confused by typing the ip address wrong with 192.168.l.254 o 192.168.o.1
Routers that support 192.168.1.254
Here is a list of some of the routers that use the IP address 192.168.1.254 as their default gateway:
If you have a different brand of router, check your user manual or online documentation to see if it uses the 192.168.1.254 IP address.
- If the browser cannot access the Admin Panel via 192.168.l.254, then it may be that the default gateway address for the router is something other than 192.168.1.254 because it is not reachable.
- If you don't know the default login username and password, you can check the manual/box the router came in. The manufacturers mention it there along with the default gateway address.
- If you have changed your password and lost it, you can recover it by performing a factory reset on the router, which will reset everything to default, including any changed passwords. To perform a factory reset, press and hold the small hidden button on the back of the router with a needle or toothpick for 10-15 seconds. The router will reboot and everything will be reset to default.