Most of the time the ISP assigns 192.168.1.1 o 192.168.0.1 as the IP address of the default router. However, if they don't work, then you want to find the IP address of the default router. This guide will help you find router IP address for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS & Linux.
Find Windows gateway
To find the IP address of the router in Windows, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Command Prompt either from the search bar by typing "Cmd" or from the Start Menu ; Windows system; command prompt .
- Once Command Prompt opens, type ipconfig and press Enter.
- Different results will be displayed in the command window. The address next to Default gateway It will be the IP address of your router.
find ip router macOS
Follow these steps to find out the router's IP address on macOS.
- Ir a Apple menu; System preferences; Network (icon) .
- Choose the connection you are currently connected to.
- Click the button Advanced .
- Now, click on the tab TCP / IP and you can see the IP address of the router.
Alternatively, you can also use the Terminal app to find out the router's IP address.
- Open the application Port of the Utilities.
- In the terminal window, type netstat -nr | grep default.
- The results will appear and you can find your router's IP address next to the gateway option.
find android gateway
For Android devices, you can use a third-party app to find out the default router IP address. However, for higher versions of Android, (7.0 and above), you can find out the IP address directly from your device.
To do that,
- Ir a Settings; Wireless & networks; Wifi .
- Press Setup .
- The IP address of your router will be displayed next to the IP address label .
Know router ip from IOS
For iOS devices, follow these steps to find out the router's IP address.
- Ir a Settings; Wifi .
- Select the network you are currently connected to.
- You can find the IP address of your router there.
linux router ip
To find the IP address on Linux, follow these steps:
- Ir a Applications; System tools; Terminal .
- Once the Terminal window opens, type ifconfig .
- You can find the IP address of your router next to the default gateway address in the results.